Friday 12 May 2023

Racist American Sgt Daniel Perry sentenced to 25 years for fatal 2020 shooting a BLM protester

 



Racist American Sgt Daniel Perry sentenced to 25 years for fatal 2020 shooting a BLM protester

By Edward Era Barbacena 


US Army sergeant Daniel Perry was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Wednesday for the fatal shooting of 28-year-old Garrett Foster during a 2020 Black Lives Matter protest in Austin, Texas. 

According to the Associated Press, attorney for Perry, Clinton Broden, said that his client would appeal the sentence, calling the conviction the product of "political prosecution" and added that the defense team would "fully cooperate in the pardon process."

Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced in April that he was working "swiftly" to pardon Perry, and that "I look forward to approving the Board’s pardon recommendation as soon as it hits my desk."

Perry was found guilty of murder in April of the 2020 fatal shooting of Foster. 

Perry, who worked as an Uber driver at the time, encountered an armed BLM group that had taken over the streets of Austin on July 25, 2020. Perry turned onto a street with his vehicle, where he was surrounded.

“I made a wrong turn, a guy pointed a freakin weapon at me and I panicked. I don’t know what to do. I’m just an Uber driver. I made a wrong turn; I’ve never had to shoot someone before. They started shooting back at me, and I got out of the area,” Perry told a 911 operator that night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catholic nuns reveal sexual abuse by slovenian priest close to Vatican

  Catholic nuns reveal sexual abuse by slovenian priest close to Vatican Pervert priest Marko Rupnik forced Gloria Branciani and Mirjam Kova...