Wednesday 28 July 2021

Asian Woman Harassed And Spit On While Walking On The Upper West Side

 

Cops released images of the woman sought in an anti-Asian harassment in Manhattan on July 25, 2021. (NYPD)


Asian Woman Harassed And Spit On While Walking On The Upper West Side


A 26-year-old woman was walking near 60th Street and Broadway when she was approached by a person making anti-Asian statements, police said.


By Edward Era Barbacena



A woman was spit on and harassed during an apparent anti-Asian attack in Manhattan Sunday night, police said.  an unidentified woman approached and  told an Asian-American woman to “speak English” before pulling her hair and spitting at her in a vile Upper West Side attack over the weekend, cops and the victim said Monday.

Bokyung Kim, 26, who just moved from Los Angeles to New York three weeks ago, was speaking to her friend in Mandarin at West 60th Street and Broadway around 8:45 p.m. Sunday when the female suspect confronted her, authorities said.

“[The suspect] was walking down the street behind us. She was eating dinner in takeout boxes, and I remember her saying ‘bit–, you should speak English. Speak English,’” Kim recalled to The Post in a Monday night phone interview.

Kim said she and her friend started running when the suspect gained ground on them, but the woman caught up to her as they were about to cross the street.

“I think she was just so angry, all of a sudden and she pulled my hair [and] all of a sudden she just spit on my face,” Kim said.

Kim said the woman then chucked the remaining food at her and threatened to “beat the shit out of me” before a good Samaritan stepped in to intervene and guided the attacker to the subway.

“I was just so shocked and I tried to say sorry to her because I didn’t do anything wrong,” the shaken victim said.

Kim added that she recorded part of the confrontation and is soon meeting with NYPD detectives.

The department’s Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating and no arrests were made as of Monday.

Moving forward, Kim said she will be more cautious during her time in the Big Apple. “I saw frightening videos on the internet but I never thought I would be a victim myself,” she said.

“I’m just going to look backward and see if anyone is approaching me. I’ll be like this for the whole time when I stay in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catholic nuns reveal sexual abuse by slovenian priest close to Vatican

  Catholic nuns reveal sexual abuse by slovenian priest close to Vatican Pervert priest Marko Rupnik forced Gloria Branciani and Mirjam Kova...